In the course of its presentation on January 17 before Minister Lucie Charlebois and the deputies of the Committee on Health and Social Services, CORPIQ issued 8 recommendations pertaining to Bill 157 regulating the legalization of cannabis.
These recommendations aim to ensure that the legalization of cannabis for recreational purposes does not become a management burden for homeowners and a source of endless conflict with tenants and the Régie du logement.
We invite you to consult CORPIQ’s brief (in French), where you will find its analysis and recommendations:
- Maintain the ban on cultivating cannabis for personal use
- Allow the modification of existing leases to restrict the use of cannabis
- That authorities exercise efficient and sufficient control in compliance with the law and the leases
- Quadruple applicable fines
- Prohibit medical cannabis cultivation at home
Video link (in French)
To download the brief (in French), click on the arrow below.