If you own a rental building, produce your RL-31 slips now and send them to Revenu Québec as well as to your tenants and sub-tenants. If you used this service last year, you can retrieve and update the information already provided.
Who must produce the RL-31 statement?
The RL-31 slip must be produced by any person or partnership that owns a building (landlord) and has rented a dwelling unit for which rent was paid or payable on December 31, 2020.
This form will allow occupants registered on the lease on December 31, 2020, if they are eligible, to benefit from the solidarity tax credit.
Complete your statements online
Since 2015, the forms are accessible online from the Revenu Québec website. If you have already done this online for the 2019 tax year, you simply need to update the information.
If this is the first time, log on to Revenu Québec's website under the heading " PREPARE AND VIEW THE RL-31 SLIP".
Once on this page:
- If you are a citizen: simply enter your S.I.N., date of birth and civic address.
- If you represent a company: you will have to enter a ClicSÉQUR user code.
You will then be asked to enter the addresses and names of your tenants. After sending this information, you will receive two links to documents in PDF format: the first will be provided to the tenant concerned, the second will be kept in your archives.
It is also possible to obtain the paper version of the RL-31 Statement by contacting Revenu Québec at one of the following numbers:
- 418 266-1016 (Quebec City area)
- 514 940-1481 (Montreal area)
- 1,855,291-6467 (other regions)
If you use CORPIQ’s annexe to the lease, a clause specifies that you can send these documents by e-mail to the occupants of your dwellings. They can also be hand-delivered at the same time as the lease renewal notice, with an acknowledgement of receipt.
Note that you can only produce five statements at a time.
The maximum time limit for producing the RL-31 slips and forwarding them to your tenants is February 28, 2021 (in default, the fine is $100).
Important dates to remember
- December 1, 2020: start of statement production period
- December 31, 2020: the date on which rent was paid or was payable by a tenant or sub-tenant in respect of a dwelling unit for which a RL-31 slip is required
- February 28, 2021: Deadline to produce the statements as well as the transmission of copy 1 (RL-31) to Revenu Québec and copy 2 (RL-31.CS) to tenants or sub-tenants.
For more information, you can also consult the Guide to filling the RL-31 slip from the Revenu Québec site HERE.
CORPIQ also makes available to landlords Pronotif, the innovative electronic notification solution for sending your communications to your tenants, including the RL-31 statement: to learn more, click here.